This is a collection of links and resources that I think are useful tools.
For Web Design
- The Color Wizard is a color matching application for anyone who wants to create designs with great looking colors.
- W3C Markup Validation Service
- Animoto: Create professional looking videos from pictures, videos, and music.
- EDUCAUSE: Learning Initiative
- Gifts of Speech: Women’s speeches from around the world.
- Idaho Education Association
- LiveMocha: The world’s largest language learning community.
- Wordle: A toy for generating “word clouds” from text you provide.
- Dragon speach to text software
- VoiceThread: A VoiceThread is a collaborative, multimedia slide show that holds images, documents, and videos and allows people to navigate slides and leavecomments in 5 ways
- Postcrossing: A project that allows you to receive postcards from random places in the world.
- Brighthub: A community of Educators and a collection of lesson plans that are inspiring!
- ESL Desk: Activities to learn the English Language.
- TED: Ideas worth spreading.
- 6 Word Memoirs from SMITH Magazine (Teen version here)
- Xtranormal: If you can type, you can make movies.
- PBworks: Create safe, collaborative spaces for your classroom or campus.
- Wikispaces: A free or paid wiki-writing platform.
- SurveyMonkey: A free online survey software & questionnaire tool.
Interesting Articles and Education Blogs
- Technology Teacher by Dr. Barbara Schroeder of Boise State University
- “On Ed Tech, We Are Asking the Wrong Question” by Dennis Pierce in eSchool News
- “7 Things You Should Know About WordPress” on EDUCAUSE.
- “5 Characteristics of an Effective 21st Century Teacher” by Meris Stansbury in eSchool News